Drinking Water Test Packages
Note: Tests must be paid for in advance. (Cash or checks payable to NEL.)
Well Group, Including Coliform Bacteria ($95): alkalinity, arsenic, calcium, chloride, coliform bacteria, conductivity, fluoride, hardness, iron, lead, magnesium, manganese, nitrate nitrogen, nitrite nitrogen, orthophosphate, pH, potassium, Ryznar Stability Index (corrosivity), sodium, sulfate.
Please read the following instructions carefully since failure to do so can very likely result in a contaminated sample. Whenever possible, collect the sample from a kitchen faucet.
Well Group Sample Collection Instructions:
- Remove the screen/aerator from the faucet before collecting the sample.
- Dry the mouth of the faucet and wipe with alcohol. ( When sample must be collected from an outside faucet, first clean with bleach).
- Run the cold water for at least two minutes.
- Collect a sample in a sterile 8 ounce container, leaving some air space in the container.
- Collect sample in 1 L plastic bottle provided.
- Samples must be kept cool and received at the lab within 24 hours.
A final report will be mailed when all tests are completed. Turnaround time is approximately 10 business days.