Drinking Water Test Packages
Note: Tests must be paid for in advance. (Cash or checks payable to NEL.)
Well Group: alkalinity, arsenic, calcium, chloride, conductivity, fluoride, hardness, iron, lead, magnesium, manganese, nitrate nitrogen, nitrite nitrogen, orthophosphate, pH, potassium, Ryznar Stability Index (corrosivity), sodium, sulfate.
Please read the following instructions carefully since failure to do so can very likely result in a contaminated sample. Whenever possible, collect the sample from a kitchen faucet.
Well Group Sample Collection Instructions:
- Remove the screen/aerator from the faucet before collecting the sample.
- Dry the mouth of the faucet and wipe with alcohol. ( When sample must be collected from an outside faucet, first clean with bleach).
- Run the cold water for at least two minutes.
- Collect a sample in a sterile 8 ounce container, leaving some air space in the container.
- Collect sample in 1 L plastic bottle provided.
- Samples must be kept cool and received at the lab within 24 hours.
A final report will be mailed when all tests are completed. Turnaround time is approximately 10 business days.